It’s a new year! A time to look ahead and move ever forward with our lives. And with the beginning of each new year comes hope and possibility.
We’re moving forward into this new year with food allergies, so let’s do it with intention. Let’s set some goals to color our journey and enrich our lives!
Here are some of my personal food allergy resolutions this year:
– Continue to foster a strong sense of self in my son. Empower him to speak up and stand strong.
– Arm him with enough information to help him make good, sound decisions – even as he approaches those risky pre-teen and teenage years.
– Teach my son cooking skills and creative work-arounds. Balance his love of adventurous eating with a sense of both ingredients and process used to create various cuisines. Asian fare with a sesame seed allergy? Yes! Dairy-free baking? Of course!
– Continue to advocate for food allergy families everywhere – to make life easier and less stressful for everyone, ourselves included.
– Move forward in helping at-risk families with food allergies. Learn more about ways to improve the lives of low income families, food insecure families, as well as those affected by natural disaster or other extenuating circumstances.
-Focus on food allergy education in schools and the greater community as well as positive parenting for food allergic families.
What are your food allergy goals for this year? Let us know what you have on your radar for the year ahead.
- Traveling with food allergies
- Recipes and party ideas
- Advocacy efforts
- Latest research and treatment options
- Empowering your child
- Food allergies at school
What do you want to learn more about?